Mercredi 16/5 à 23h30 :
The Conet Project, signal relay by Aymeric de Tapol.
INVISIBLE MESSAGE DURING THE COLD WAR AND AFTER "THE CONET PROJECT"
What Numbers Stations are.
Numbers Stations are radio broadcasts that appear in the Shortwave bands twenty-four hours a day, on many different frequencies. They are used to transmit short text messages. There are three different types of broadcast; voices reading groups of numbers or phonetic letters, Morse transmissions sending groups of numbers or letters and noise stations, transmitting several different types of noise. It appears that the Numbers Stations are run by our old friends the CIA, SIS, BND, MOSSAD, StB, DIE, MfS, UDBA, and the now renamed KGB. That list leaves out the non- European agencies that operate Numbers Stations, such as Chinese Intelligence.
What Numbers Stations are not.
Numbers Stations are not licensed in the conventional sense, and there is no easy to find information on any aspect of Numbers Stations from the government agencies that are concerned with radio use/misuse. They are not weather forecasts, or shipping broadcasts.
from the CONET PROJECT GUIDE BOOKLET
THE CONET PROJECT WAS RELEASED IN 4 CD BY THE RECORD LABEL "IRDIAL" THE CONET PROJECT IS NOW A FREE ARCHIVES ON THE WEB THE TETRAEDRE IS A TRANSCEIVER
- 1 (G2A) The Swedish Rhapsody
- 2 (G5) Counting Used by the CIA. May or may not be inactive. Note the use of the word ‘Treholler’, separating the 99 groups. R 1994
- 3 (E14) Counting ‘Control’ Used by the CIA. No longer active, but traffic was heavy when in operation. Note the ‘rushing air noise’ as the numbers cease. This sound is heard on every E14 transmission. R 1994
- 4 (E10) Phonetic Alphabet - NATO The E10 setup has been on the air from the mid 1970’s, and can be heard 24 hours a day on a large number of frequencies. The Israeli MOSSAD have been named as the organization responsible for this huge network, by magazine writers and authors. R 1994
- 5 (G13) 5 Dashes This station transmitted in both German and English. Note the remarkable voice employed. Operated by the CIA/BND. It is no longer active. ‘Es Weiderholen’ separates the groups, but appears at the end here because it is taken from a different recording. Note SITOR data mode. R 1994
- 6 (E3) The Lincolnshire Poacher Operated by the British MI6, this station is operated on seventeen frequencies: 16475, 16084, 15682, 14487, 13375, 12603, 11545, 10426, 9251, 8464, 7755, 7337, 6959, 6900, 6485, 5746 and 5422. Each transmission always lasts exactly 45 minutes, and 200 five figure groups are always sent. It is the only station that uses inflection in the voice; the last number in each five figure group has a higher intonation than the previous four numbers. The LP is jammed consistently on 15682, possibly by Iran or Iraq. 13375 is never jammed. This station takes its name from the interval signal, ‘The Lincolnshire Poacher’ which is played using a Calliope sound. R 26/10/95
- 7 (G3) Gong Station/Chimes East German MfS origin. No longer active.
- 8 (G14) DFD 21 This station had its origin in the 1970’s, when it was spoken by a live announcer. In 1988, it switched to synthesized voice. Operated by the BND. See ‘Secret Signals’.
- 9 (E1) Ready Ready (15728) Very stable schedule; Transmissions repeat on two frequencies at 20 minute intervals. Possibly operated by Bulgaria or Italy.
- 10 (S2B) Bugle Tune believed to be ‘Il Silencio’.
- 11 (S10) 5 note version ‘Czech Lady’ This station used to be known as ‘Bulgarian Betty’ before the Enigma codes came into use. Commenced operations in 1990, inactive for 6 years and now back on the air. Operated by the StB.
- 12 (G4) Three Note Oddity The Three note oddity has a Morse sister station, M29. Possibly operated by Hungarian Intelligence.
- 13 (V13) New Star Broadcasting One of the few Chinese language stations, operated by Taiwanese Intelligence. Poor reception in
- 14 (V5A) Counting Station (Spanish) R 07/03/94
- 15 (E17) English Lady / 00000 ending Russian Intelligence? R 07/05/94
- 16 (V2) Attencion / 3 Finals Very active at present. Can end with either 2 or 3 ‘Finals’. Morse equivalent M8. R 02/03/95
- 17 (G8) 4 Note Rising Scale East German MfS origin. R 22/03/89
- 18 (V1) Ciocîrlia Also known as ‘The Skylark’. Operated by Romanian Intelligence. Inactive. R 20/10/91
- 19 (S10) Czech Lady Operated by the StB. R 11/03/88
- 20 (G16) 2 Letter ‘YS’ Operated by the BND. R 10/02/87
- 21 (G16) 2 Letter ‘EL’ Operated by the BND. R 10/02/87
- 22 (G13) 5 Dashes Operated by the CIA/BND. R 04/89
- 23 (E16) 2 Letter ‘RK’ Operated by the BND. R 01/90