A special broadcasting for the reopening of the AFRICA MUSEUM in Tervuren after a substantial renovation to present a contemporary and decolonised vision of Africa in a building which had been designed as a colonial museum. Dedicated to Cheri Cherin, Cheri Benga, Cheri Samba, Moke and Ange Kumbi.
Playlist (for and influenced by Africa):
- Tabu Ley Rochereau - Mokolo Nakokufa
- Massive Attack - Black Milk
- Bob Marley - One cup of coffee
- Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers - Moanin'
- L'Ensemble Des Tambour Abatimba - Ingoma
- Saint-Georges (the so called Black Mozart) - Symphony Op. 11 No. 1 in D major -1: Allegro
- Franco Luambo & TP Ok jazz- Cherie Bondowe
- Nomades Du Niger - Touareg & Bororo [Ocora Radio France] - Ouane-Ouane
- Public Enemy - Black Steel In The Hour Of Chaos
- Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic Force - Planet Rock
- Papa Wemba - Esclave
- African Jazz Mokili Mobimba (Déchaud)
- Papa Wemba & Stervos Niarcos - Proclamation
Saint-Georges was called the Black Mozart. Born in 1745, Joseph Bologne, also known by his noble title the Chevalier de Saint-Georges, thrived as a music composer, vilonist and fencer! He led a prestigious Parisian Orchestra and often performed for Queen Marie-Antoinette. But he was unable to take cgarge of the Paris Opera because colleagues refused to take orders fronm a "mulatto"...
Enjoy some of my favourite songs and music.
Cover painting: Ange Kumbi - Copyright © Nikolaos Antoniou
Contact us at email@example.com